Monday, November 5 2018
The SpringOUT Essay Competition
Supported by the Equal Rights Coalition
3 November – 18 November. Winners announced 25 November 2018.
Entries should be submitted online to: CANfirstname.lastname@example.org
The 2018 SpringOUT LGBTIQ ‘LOVE is LOVE’ Essay Competition is now open!
SpringOUT is pleased to present its first essay competition in association with our friends and partners, the intergovernmental Equal Rights Coalition (ERC), a Global Coalition of countries dedicated to the protection of the rights of LGBTI people. The ERC was launched in July 2016, under the leadership of Uruguay and the Netherlands at the Global LGBTI Human Rights Conference in Montevideo. The ERC is currently co-chaired by Chile and Canada.
The ERC advances the human rights of LGBTI persons and promotes inclusive development in both member and non-member countries. With 40 member states, the ERC advances its agenda by engaging with organisations just like SpringOUT.
The theme for the Essay Competition is ‘LOVE is LOVE’!
There are two categories:
Youth Category: Under 18 years of age (at time of submission of essay).
Open Category: Over 18 years of age (at time of submission of essay).
Submission details: Email entries to: CANemail@example.com
Winners announced: 25 November 2018 at the SpringOUT Big Community Picnic, 11am -4pm Glebe Park.
Prize hampers will be provided by ERC countries.
COMPETITION RULES and INFORMATION
- Stories must be your own work, and not previously published or read out in public.
- All stories should have relevance to the LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer +) community and entry is open to all. (Please see categories).
- All stories must relate to the theme in some way.
- Stories must be 500 words or less. Your word count will show up in the submission process.
- The deadline for receipt of entries is midnight on Sunday 18 November 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
- You will be required to provide full name, email address, postal address, age group and contact phone number in your submission.
- Your name must not appear anywhere in your story – our judges read all stories in blissful ignorance of the writer’s identity.
- If you submit a winning story to the competition you are giving us permission to publish. Publication could include on the SpringOUT or ERC website, in a podcast, in an E-Book, or gay press. Otherwise copyright remains with the author.
- Unfortunately, we cannot enter into any discussion with you about your story or provide individual feedback.
- There is no charge to enter, its FREE!
SpringOUT is supported by The ACT Government through EventsACT. This competition supported by the ERC.
This Competition is FREE to enter. Get those entries in and win great prizes!